The Statewide Voter Registration System (SVRS) requires all Wisconsin voters to be registered.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE IN THE VILLAGE OF ROCHESTER IF:
- You are a United States Citizen;
- You are 18 years or older on Election Day;
- You have lived in the Village of Rochester for 28 days before an election; and
- You are registered to vote or are registering on Election Day.
Voters can come to the Clerk’s office during normal business hours and fill out an Application for Voter Registration. A Wisconsin driver’s license or state ID card is the preferred method of identification. Without this information, you may not be able to register to vote. Be sure to bring it along.
You may also complete a registration form online by following the directions on this website:
Wisconsin voters are still be able to register at the polls on Election Day with proper documentation, however, election officials prefer to have everyone in the system ahead of time
Acceptable forms of identifying documents that serve as proof of residency are:
- A current and valid driver’s license
- A current and valid identification card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- An official identification card or license issued by an employer in the normal course of business that contains a photograph of the cardholder or license holder, but not including a business card.
- A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- Residential lease – except for first-time voters registering by mail
- A university, college, or technical college fee or identification card that contains a photograph of the cardholder. A card under this subdivision that does not contain the information specified in par. (b) shall be considered proof of residence if the university, college, or technical college that issued the card provides a certified and current list of students who reside in housing sponsored by the university, college, or technical college to the municipal clerk prior to the election showing the current address of the students and if the municipal clerk, special registration deputy, or inspector verifies that the student presenting the card is included on the list.
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made.
- A bank statement.
- A paycheck.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
The identifying documents prescribed shall contain each of the following in order to be considered acceptable proof of residence:
- A current and complete name, including both the given and family name.
- A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.
Identifying documents must be valid on the day that an elector makes application for registration in order to constitute proof of residence.